RAGBlog

RAGBlog contains text and audio commentary surrounding my participation in RAGBRAI XXXIII, July 24-30, 2005. RAGBRAI, which stands for the Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa, draws about 10,000 bicyclists each year for the weeklong ride. Go back to the July 2005 quotes for daily commentary on the ride.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Packing, Boxing and Camping

This thing is getting close. I've started filling a borrowed duffle with clothes, biking stuff, personal items and whatever will make a week of bicycling and camping with a lot of other people more comfortable. One example: earplugs. Never owned 'em before, but I'm guessing they'll make the nighttime campsite chaos a little more managable.

I'm bringing a sleeping bag but am renting a tent from my charter service. Hope it comes with a ground cloth because I don't own one of those either. Wonder how long it will take me to learn to pitch the thing?

And today is boxing day, as in boxing the bike. I've borrowed a hard-shell bike case and and am taking my bike to Doug at Glendale Cyclery, my local bike shop, to partly disassemble it for the case. I shouldn't have too much trouble reassembling the bike. (I'm a little better with bikes than with tents.)

Expect another audio report soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home