RAGBlog

RAGBlog contains text and audio commentary surrounding my participation in RAGBRAI XXXIII, July 24-30, 2005. RAGBRAI, which stands for the Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa, draws about 10,000 bicyclists each year for the weeklong ride. Go back to the July 2005 quotes for daily commentary on the ride.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Why Create a RAGBlog?

Riding RAGBRAI and publishing this blog are both things I am curious about and want to experience. So I'll do them both at once. The bicyclist in me wants to see what it will be like to share 500 miles of Midwestern highways for a week with 10,000 other cyclists. The educator in me wants to see if this blogging thing is all it's cracked up to be.

Blogger was an attractive choice to host RAGBlog because it allows audio enhancement. Sounds pretty cool to pick up the phone, use my calling card to call the Audio Blogger phone number in San Francisco, speak my piece, and have it converted into MP3 and placed alongside my written comments. Furthermore, the price is right: free, except for the phone calls to San Francisco.

My plan is to post in the days leading up to RAGBRAI and to create a sample Audio Blogger sound bite or two. Then, when I am on the ride, I'll try to post each day from the public access terminals set up along the route by Iowa Telecom. I also plan to call SF each day of RAGBRAI and file an Audio Blogger report.

We'll see if things go according to plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home