RAGBlog

RAGBlog contains text and audio commentary surrounding my participation in RAGBRAI XXXIII, July 24-30, 2005. RAGBRAI, which stands for the Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa, draws about 10,000 bicyclists each year for the weeklong ride. Go back to the July 2005 quotes for daily commentary on the ride.

Friday, July 15, 2005

The Road to RAGBRAI

This is my Trek 520. I'll be riding it on RAGBRAI without the panniers. I'll have a charter service to take my bags to each overnight town.

I've followed RAGBRAI over the Internet for years.

A fortunate break in my teaching schedule has allowed me to participate this year. This blog will be a running account of my RAGBRAI XXXIII experience.

It's a little more than a week until RAGBRAI and I already feel like I've had to do a lot: buy airplane tickets, buy a wristband that registers me for the ride, make arrangements to have my bike partially disassembled and put into an airline-friendly bike case, select a charter service to get me and the bike to and from the ride and to support me for the week, and begin to gather stuff to make a week of riding and camping comfortable and fun.

Here are my major decisions...

Bike: Trek 520 (touring bike)
Airline: America West (League of American Bicyclist members can save on bicycle transport through America West)
Charter: Pork Belly Ventures

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home